Friday, August 10, 2012

It has certainly been a while.

     As the title suggests, it sure has been a long time since I have posted anything here, which was not intentional on my part, but rather as more work and projects began, I have had less and less time to devote to Argonotes, unfortunately. This however is going to change.

     I am currently at Pulpfest 2012, in Columbus, Ohio, and after a conversation with a friend I had only spoken to through emails up to that point (who, as of this writing, still owes me a beer, Mr. Martin), as well as the fact that another story-paper researcher has contacted me after viewing this page (thank you again, Mr. Walther - I will be getting back to you soon, you have my word), I have decided to do everything I can to return to this, which was really my first foray into popular literature writing and historiography, outside of academia.

     I have been rather busy during this absence from Argonotes. My master's thesis is being published as a book by McFarland later this year.

Anti-Foreign Imagery in American Pulps and Comic Books, 1920-1960

     I have  contributed a few more articles to the Pulp Magazine Project, and am currently working on an article regarding Gender and Race in the Pulps. I am also writing several entries in an upcoming encyclopedic work for Greenwood Press-ABC/CLIO, Comics Through Time: A History of Idols, Icons, and Ideas. These projects, as well as my job and my researching possible PhD programs, have all added to a lull (if that even describes such a long period) in attention paid to Argonotes.

     My first, new posts will consist of panel reports, as well as my own view of  it from the perspective of a relative "newbie" (in terms of age; time spent in research; and years of interest), regarding Pulpfest 2012. Hopefully, I will have the first entry and photos up later this evening.

     I would like to thank all of those who have followed this in the past, and are still checking back; as I said, it has been awhile, but I am hoping to make up for lost time in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Nathan! I've missed your comments and still owe you that beer.

    ReplyDelete